1. Collection of Personal Information
- You have the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym unless you are obliged to identify yourself under law, or not identifying yourself is impractical in the circumstances.
- Cherry Beans may collect and hold the following personal information (“Personal Information”):
- Name and position within a company;
- Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number;
- Residential and/or business address;
- Phone and/or facsimile number;
- Email address;
- Information provided to Cherry Beans through social media; and
- Any additional information provided to Cherry Beans.
2. Use of Personal Information
2.1 Cherry Beans uses the Personal Information for the purpose for which it was specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the Personal Information was collected. The Personal Information may be used in respect to the following:
- answering enquiries made through the website or by telephone;
- assisting the offering of products and services by Cherry Beans or its related entities, contractors, agents and/or employees;
- communicating promotional offers, changes to terms and conditions, marketing information or special events, and information about Cherry Beans;
- responding to feedback, complaints and enquiries; and
- administrative, marketing, planning, service or product development purposes.
- Cherry Beans will obtain consent before using Personal Information for a purpose that has not been specified, unless the new purpose is required by law.
- You may advise Cherry Beans if you do not wish to receive any promotional offers or newsletters from Cherry Beans by following the relevant unsubscribe instructions contained in electronic communications received from Cherry Beans or otherwise emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regardless of whether you opt out of receiving promotional offers and newsletters, you consent to receiving necessary communications such as service announcements and information pertaining to your transactions.
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
- Cherry Beans does not use tracking technologies such as cookies on its websites to collect information about user behaviour. This website does not collect personal information about people who access the website, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied.
- The stored information is not used by Cherry Beans to target advertising to you within or outside of the website.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 Where appropriate and required, Cherry Beans may disclose your Personal Information:
- to other related Cherry Beans entities;
- to Cherry Beans’ suppliers, agents or contractors in connection with or for the purpose of Cherry Beans’ business;
- to any debt collection organisation;
- where the law requires or authorises Cherry Beans to do so; and
- to any other third party notified by you at the time of or after collecting your Personal Information
and if Cherry Beans believes, at its sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to:
- prevent harm or loss, financial or otherwise;
- respond to a serious state of emergency; or
- prevent or mitigate illegal or criminal activity.
4.2 Cherry Bean may disclose your Personal Information (if deemed necessary for the operation of its business internationally) to its representatives in Singapore, South Korea, New Zealand, China, Malaysia and Thailand.
5. Access to and Correction of Personal Information
5.1 Cherry Beans will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, up to date and complete. However, Cherry Beans relies on you advising of any changes or inaccuracies of your Personal Information. Please advise us if you are of the view that any of your Personal Information requires updating or correcting by:
- Emailing email@example.com; or
- Calling our info line + 61 2 9638 0190.
5.2 Members may opt out of receiving e-newsletters and SMS communications relating to Caffe Cherry Beans or Milligram during the registration process or at any time thereafter by contacting Cherry Beans.
6. Security of Personal Information
6.2 No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Cherry Beans strives to protect your Personal Information, Cherry Beans cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Cherry Beans over the internet, and you do so at your own risk. Once Cherry Beans receives your transmission, Cherry Beans makes its best effort to try and ensure the information and Personal Information security both on Cherry Beans’s systems and while in transit between Cherry Beans’s systems and the companies who provide Cherry Beans with the various systems.
6.3 If Cherry Beans becomes aware of an eligible data breach, Cherry Beans will assess whether the breach is likely to result in serious harm to the individual whose personal information has been compromised. If such assessment divulges that there was a data breach which is required to be reported under the Australian Privacy laws, Cherry Beans will accordingly report the breach to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the individuals to whom the breach relates (where that individual’s contact details are accurate).
7. Complaints Procedure
7.2 Should you not be satisfied with the way your complaint was handled or determined, you may contact Cherry Beans or, alternatively, contact the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
8.1 Cherry Beans may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The current version will be posted on the Cherry Beans’s websites https://www.cherrybeans.com.au/ and http://www.cafemilligram.com.au/ and a copy may be obtained by contacting Cherry Beans at firstname.lastname@example.org